Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year!

2014 is here, already. I don't know if it is a general feeling, but I personally don't know what happened to the last couple of years. Perhaps, it is normal that time starts to shrink when you get older; when I was younger, I thought I was going to be young and strong for the rest of my life and the rest of my life seemed so far away. You just don't think about those things that adults/old people are concerned about when you are young and time doesn't concern you at all! Things are different now, I guess I am just, simply, getting old. In reality, a lot of things have happened and a lot of things have changed but still, it feels like yesterday when Rob and I got engaged. 
At the end of every year and consequently at the beginning of every new year I think about my life, my achievements and my goals. As I mentioned above, a lot of things have happened in the last couple of years, the biggest event of all being Emilia's birth, of course. Needless to say, as I am sure every parent would confirm, Emilia has radically changed my life. She is the number one priority at the moment, and, I don't mind saying it, she is quite challenging and demanding. But I love the challenge and cannot think of a better gift to give yourself than a child. She discovers something new every day and is so eager to learn. She is a very curious and active baby and it is absolutely inspiring to look at her as she makes her way into the world. And to me, the world looks better and more interesting through her eyes.

This year we welcomed the new year in a very low key way. Rob and I had dinner at home with my parents, grandmum and uncle Luciano. Emilia was in bed at her usual time and the rest of us enjoyed a lovely fresh fish dinner and simply opened a bottle of champagne at midnight, while admiring the fireworks. We were all in bed by 00.30! Again, one of the many changes a kid brings to your life! 

The first day of 2014, however, was a very packed day. We cooked and played together. Lots of activities and colouring-in.

 
 
 
 
 
 

And Emilia even had her first go at making pizza. She loves playing (and eating!) the dough! A true Italian in the making :) Happy 2014 everyone! Have a good one.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment