Wednesday 25 December 2013

A Customised Christmas

This Christmas was all about customisation! Just a few examples...
My mum welcomed me home with a pair of personalised slippers, which I loved. 


And I went nuts with personalised items! First of all, I made a burlap bag for all of Emilia's gifts. Needless to say, it was a big hit. However, it wasn't big enough to contain all the gifts...Emilia is one lucky (and super spoilt!) little girl!


She also received an activity book: a countdown to Christmas with different activities for each day.


I also made a similar book for Rob...in fact, it is Emilia's gift for her beloved papĂ . It's a little book with reasons why her daddy is brilliant, what makes her smile, what they enjoy doing together, and there are also spaces for pictures of the two.


Christmas is always special but this year my parents' house really turned into a magical space. When my mum asked me how she should have decorated the Christmas tree this year, I requested fairies for Emilia. My mum is a very crafty person but I could have never imagined she would make such beautiful fairies. They are a masterpiece. Twenty-six handmade fairies and lots of stars ornate the tree this year. They are all different and all beautiful. Well done, mum!

 

And given that fairies was the theme, my cousin Beatrice made paper fairies as placenames. Aren't they super cute? Emilia had hers, of course!

 

Overall, we had a jolly day and I am already looking forward to next year! 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment