Saturday 19 July 2014

35 and counting ...

Last Thursday, on July 17th, I turned thirty-five years old. I have now officially entered the second half of my thirties. When I was younger, I always waited with excitement and anticipation for my birthday and always wanted to celebrate with my family and friends. This year, I woke up on the day of my birthday and was surprised to receive so many emails and texts, until I realised that it was for my birthday and people were simply sending me birthday wishes. I kind of forgot! I suppose, at some point in our lives we no longer want to grow old. In my mind, I am still twenty-one! 

Anyway, I spent a lovely day with Rob, Emilia and my parents who flew in the night before and received a lot of love from all over the world. In the evening, Rob took me out to a very nice Italian restaurant, Del Mercato, next to Borough Market where we had a yummy fish dinner. It was very relaxing to stroll along the river and around Borough Market, still one of my favourite spots in London. I may be older but I still got excited to be at the centre of the attention and if I had a birthday cake with thirty-five candles and the whole restaurant singing happy birthday to me, I am sure I would have just loved it! And what is age, anyway?!?

 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment