Saturday 1 March 2014

Baking and Laughing

If you read my previous post, you must be wondering what we ended up baking!? During the week, I selected a few Nutella recipes on Pinterest and then together with Rob we chose the Peanut butter and Nutella bread for our little weekend baking project. Rob introduced me to peanut butter about ten years ago; it is not very common in Italy - in fact, it's considered junk food. But hey, it's so good, I was definitely not going to pass on it. And it is particularly good with chocolate (Reeses, anyone??!)! And who doesn't love Nutella?!? So, this recipe is hopefully a win win for both of us. I say hopefully because even if we are done baking, we haven't tried it yet, can you believe it? It has been sitting on our kitchen table for over two hours and we haven't touched it! We are saving it for after dinner. 

 
 

Anyway, we baked the cake. I baked and Emilia and Rob watched me. Emilia in particular, followed all the steps very carefully. And once we put the cake into the oven, at first we patiently waited, occasionally looking inside the oven to see the cake rise. 


But then we got a bit bored, so we played on the floor with mummy's craft tools and everything on hand.

 
 
 

And then, since Emilia was getting out of control, we had to take her away from all that treasure and tried to relax in bed. And when I say relax, I mean hysterical laughs! Emilia is VERY ticklish and we love playing with/torturing her! Evil parents :)


Anyway, I will let you know if the cake is good and worth making it over and over and over again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment