Tuesday 21 January 2014

Soft Play

I am always on the look out for some activities for Emilia. As she doesn't attend nursery, I think it is essential that she is around kids as much as possible. I don't want her to grow and feel isolated. Also, it is very important that she starts developing her social skills at this early age. Thankfully, as I said before, despite the fact that she spends most of her time with adults (babysitter, us, family, friends of ours...), she is quite sociable with babies and kids and I am very happy about this. When we are out and about and she spots some kids, she immediately smiles and screams *baby*, even if that *baby* is actually ten years old! I want to make sure that things stay this way and that she continues to feel comfortable around little human beings. So, on Monday afternoon I took her to a local play centre where three days a week some lovely volunteering mums organise soft play sessions for kids aged 0-5. The kids are free to run and play as they please using all the props and toys in the room. Also, at the end of each session there is a 15-minute sing and dance activity where the parents can join in and have some fun too. I must confess, I wasn't expecting much and thought this would be a one-off experience; however, I absolutely loved it and even asked the babysitter to take Emilia there again those days I am working.

The place is super modern, huge, very clean and with loads of activities. At first Emilia was a bit shy but as soon as she felt at home, she started cruising and exploring each individual activity. She particularly loved the slide and the little pool with the plastic balls (well, who doesn't!? It was one of my faves when I was little too!). This time we went with our friends Katharina and Elias and it was so cute to see Emilia and Elias looking for each other. Clearly, they can recognise each other and enjoy being and playing together. On the way back home they were even holding hands. Too too cute! 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment