Saturday 30 November 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

As tradition now, Rob and I hosted a Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday 28th. We have been doing it for over five years now and every year we look forward to a new evening of feasting, drinking and playing games with friends. This year it was all about family as my mum and grandmum flew from Italy to help me out with the cooking. It was their first Thanksgiving and they loved it. Also, my cousin and her family, who have recently moved to London, joined us, so Emilia had two little cousins to play with and she absolutely loved it.

Mum and grandmum landed early in the morning and by 11am they were home. A little bit of chit-chatting and then it was all about cooking-cooking-cooking. We had so much fun and I knew my mum and grandmum would have loved it. They both enjoy cooking and are great cooks, so there was absolutely no doubt the food would have been delicious. Rob helped a little bit too, so it was a true family affair! 

 
 
 

Of course, as always, the turkey was the big star. We took great care of it and in the end, after more than five hours in the oven, it was absolutely to die for. Emilia was still up when we served the turkey and she even had a little bit of turkey and pumpkin. She was such a good host!I am proud of my little baby.



It was a lovely evening and I am so thankful to have such great people in my life: Rob and Emilia, my adorable family, and all my wonderful friends. I am really blessed. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment