Thursday 13 September 2012

Time to say goodbye

I don't like goodbyes, in fact, I hate them. I always have a hard time saying goodbye to friends and family when I depart from them but this time was particularly painful. My parents left London and headed back to Pescara just an hour ago. It has been wonderful having them here for so long. So many things have happened in the last three weeks. When my mum arrived on the 20th of August I was still heavily pregnant. She took great care of me and Rob, cooked for us every single meal, baked our favourite cakes and biscuits, did all the laundry, ironing and cleaning. And then, when Emilia came, having my parents with me was just what we needed. Not only for the help but also for all the love they gave us. When we got back home from the hospital the flat was absolutely beautiful, so full of flowers and baloons. It was the perfect welcome back for us and welcome home to Emilia. 
I knew they had to leave one day and I knew it was going to be tough but nothing could have prepared me to the way I felt. Let's just say: lots of tears. 

Here is to my parents. Thank you very much for all your help and love. I don't say it that often but I do love you very much and I feel very lucky and blessed to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment