Wednesday 29 August 2012

Due Date

First of all, thanks so much to all of you who have been in touch today. I can't believe how many of you remembered that today is my due date and felt to check on me. As always, I feel blessed to have so many loving and caring people in my life.

I am sorry to report that, unless I go into labour now and have a rather short labour, Baby O is not going to be punctual! When I first found out to be pregnant, they told me that my due date was September-2nd; then, they gave us a new date at the first, or *dating*, scan. I wonder if they got it right :) 

Thankfully, I still manage to stay calm. Of course, I am quite impatient to meet my baby girl but I am not feeling anxious or scared. No need to get panicky now, there will be plenty of time for that later on! All the people around me, instead, are growing rather impatient. Every morning when we wake up both my mum and Rob ask me: "Nothing yet?" and all I can say is: "Well, did you see me going to hospital last night? Or did you see me screaming in pain? and most important, do you see a baby in the house yet?". They make me smile though, I know they mean well. 

For now we can only wait and try some natural tricks to speed up the process. 
Also, despite being very skeptical, I checked the calendar and the full moon is approaching (August-31st). It's a widely held belief that a full moon can kick full-term pregnant women into labour. So, as un-scientific as it is, let's have some faith in the moon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment