Thursday 19 July 2012

Turning 33

On July 17th I celebrated my 33rd birthday! 

I have been celebrating every single birthday of my life since year 1. When I was little my parents used to organise afternoon parties at their house with friends and family. When I grew up I took the lead and organised my own parties, with their help, of course. Before I moved to England, I usually organised evening parties at my parents' garden. Then, even if I wasn't living in Pescara anymore, I still tried to go home for a couple of weeks in Summer around the time of my birthday and I celebrated a couple of times at the beach or at other venues. The last few years, instead, I have celebrated in London with a barbecue, a pic-nic at the park and lavish dinners. This one has definitely been the mellowest birthday celebration, but fairly so given my level of energy.
The day started with a lovely breakfast prepared by Rob: cappuccino and English muffins with Nutella. Rob had decorated the kitchen with Union Jacks bunting and bought coordinated napkins. It was lovely. Then he went to work and I spent the day at home relaxing. I was still off work so I went from the bed to the rocking chair to the couch to the chair outside on the balcony. I get tired so easily these days that I can hardly stand up. The real celebration happened in the evening when Rob took me out for dinner. It's not easy to dress up with this big bump, but I did my best.


Rob chose a very nice restaurant just two minutes away from our flat, Chop House. The table they reserved for us was perfect and with a stunning view of the Tower Bridge. Dinner was simply delicious and we were even lucky enough to be entertained by the opening of the Tower Bridge. We spent more than two hours in the restaurant and then back home where Rob asked me to lock myself in the bedroom as he needed to do something in the kitchen for me. Surprise surprise, a birthday cake with candles was waiting for me on the kitchen table! You are never too old to blow birthday candles!


Next to the cake was also a little blue Tiffany bag. I got so excited! That was my gift, a lovely pearl bracelet.

I already have the silver version of it, a present from mum and grandmum from a couple of years ago. Now I hope to increase the collection! I like all these three, for example. I think they would look very nice all together.

Anyway, another year has gone and next year there will be a little someone next to me who I am sure will enjoy blowing the candles for me and opening my gifts!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, cards and presents. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment