Tuesday 8 May 2012

Crib Style Dilemma

Despite what my friends say about my style and the fact that I put my touch on everything, the *Vale touch*, as they call it (outfits, furniture, flat decor, gifts, cards...), I actually struggle to understand my style. I guess it lays somewhere in between vintage and modern but I like so many different things that I am not really sure I do have a preference. Perhaps, it is fair to say that I prefer an eclectic style to a very straightforward one, and I do mix and match a lot, but this also means that sometimes I get confused about what's me and what's not? 

Choosing a crib for Baby O is proving to be difficult exactly for this reason. We won't have a proper nursery, at least for the first several months the baby will be sleeping in our bedroom next to my side of the bed. This means that the style of her furniture will have to communicate with the general style of our room. Not that easy, considering that our bedroom is a quite nice mixture of styles itself. In there there are pieces purchased in stores as different as The French Bedroom Company and Kartell
So, should I go with the lovely Venetian, old-style crib? Or choose the super modern gray version from Bloom? I like them both, equally and I can't decide. Thus, I have been looking for something in between that is both sweet and with a clean design. The Stokke Sleepi may be just what I  need. The very good thing about this crib is that it can be extended and used from O months to 10 years! Although I have to say, I love the mini bed but I am not positive I would use the bed after Baby O turns 2. 



Now friends, since you seem to know my style better than me, what do you think I should do?

1 comment:

  1. I super LOVE the Stokke one, but you're right... it's only cute when it's little. i'm not a fan of how it looks when you expand it. I'm a big fan of the cribs that convert to a toddler bed, but Baby Girl JVM is sleeping in a playard for awhile until we get the hang of things!

    ReplyDelete