Friday 19 August 2011

A Dorky Reaction


I was on my way to the office this morning when I bumped into British fashion designer Henry Holland. Instinctively I felt to say: "Oh, Hello!" but then thankfully, I was able to control myself. Wait a second: he doesn't know me??! I felt very sheepish. Two seconds later I am annoyed at myself for not saying anything. I should have said hello, I thought, what's the harm in that!? I recognised him and felt to say hi, I honestly don't know why I stopped. It would have been cool and perhaps he would have liked it, and who knows…we may have become friends and he may have given me free clothes and invited me to catwalks and London Fashion Week…Dreaming apart...
He was wearing his perfect uniform, jeans shorts and a navy jacket and was chatting with a blond friend (why are all his best friends blond? See Pixie Geldof and Agyness Deyn).

Living in London, this is not the first time I happen to see celebrities in the streets; nontheless, I still can't act cool! Damm me! What's your reaction when you see a celebrity? Do you shout at them and ask to take a picture with them? Do you act cool and pretend not to even notice them? Or do you feel sheepish and do not really know what to do?
P.S. Henry Holland fashion line, House of Holland, can be a bit pricey but do you know about his cheaper collection for Debenhams, H! by Henry Holland? The collection has HH's signature all over it, with its funky T-shirts and edgy clothes. Worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment