Monday 10 March 2014

International Women's Day

Saturday 8th we celebrated Women's Day. Back when I was in Italy, my girlfriends and I used to organise something special for the day, usually a nice dinner out followed by dancing; and I always received bunches of mimosa. Also, my parents have a wonderful mimosa tree in the garden, so around that time of the year the house was always full of those beautiful, yellow flowers. And the smell was divine. Here in the UK they don't really celebrate Women's Day, although they are getting more and more aware of it. This year, I celebrated my day by meeting with a girlfriend and going together to my hairstylist's for a new look. I am now blonder and without the fringe. We all need a change every now and then, life is too short to be boring! 

Back home, Emilia and I were given nice flowers, Rob picked white roses for Emilia and orange tulips for me. And then we all went to the Design Museum to meet sir Paul Smith who was signing his books at the last day of his "Hello, my name is Paul Smith" exhibition. The weather was so beautiful and the little park at the Tower Bridge was packed with people and kids. A taste of Summer!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment