Saturday 22 March 2014

Counting

After weeks (months even!) of trying, I have finally been able to catch Emilia counting on camera! You cannot imagine how hard it is to take videos of Emilia. She is doing something great and the moment I turn the video-camera on she stops. How frustrating. She actually knows what I am about to do and she screams BASTA (stop!). Those of you who have small kids will know what I am talking about.

Anyway, Emilia has been fascinated by the concept of counting since she was very little. I still remember my mum counting to her the flowers on a flower banner that we have in her bedroom when she was only a few weeks old. Since then, every time we were on the bed, she looked at the flowers and expected someone to start counting. ONE was one of the very first sounds/words that came out of her mouth. She would say it if I opened the can of her formula to count the scoops, same with the can of coffee when I was about to make an espresso, and so the list goes. And then, a couple of months ago, if not more, she confidently started counting on her own, this time, however, in Italian. 

Emilia can now count till ten in Italian and we are working on her English too. Needless to say, we are proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment