Sunday 19 May 2013

Afternoon Tea Series: Mari Vanna

Today was the day of our fourth Afternoon Tea and I have to say, I was very excited for this one. 

This month I chose the very beautiful Mari Vanna. I read about this place in many magazines and blogs and had been wanting to go for quite some time. Originally, I thought it was only open for lunch and dinner but when I realised they also offered Afternoon Tea, I knew I had to book a table with the girls. Set in the heart of Knightsbridge, just seconds away from Hyde Park and the posh streets of Sloane Square and Brompton Road, Mari Vanna is a wonderful Russian restaurant. I suppose the word that describes it best is opulence. Once you enter the main door, you know you are in for a treat. Think minimalism to its extreme opposite and you have Mari Vanna: Russian furniture, doilies and knick knacks are everywhere and this richness in the interior design is what makes this place special.

The food was also lovely and quite different from a traditional English Afternoon Tea: fish, caviar and a cocktail were all on the menu. I particularly enjoyed the salmon pancakes. The cakes and the fresh fruit were also rather nice.
 
 
 I liked how tea was served in old silver and glass cups.
 
The restaurant is on three levels and it really feels to be at granny's home. Even the toilets were gorgeous and I had to take a couple of pictures in there! My grandmum would have loved all the white linen and doilies. I'll have to take her here next time she is in town! 

We had an amazing time and I know I will be back...perhaps for dinner next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment