Monday 2 July 2012

Gettin' Tough

The last couple of days have been quite tough. Entering the eight month has been a challenge and I have definitely noticed a change with my body. 

The belly is getting heavier and it is more and more complicated for my body to deal with the new weight. Hence backache. It's not unbearable but it's there. Surprisingly, however, I can still sleep fine at night, both on my back and right side (the left side, the recommended one, doesn't work for me!). I wake up a couple of times per night to go to the toilet but that's normal and I have been dealing with it for the last seven months, so I am used to it. Last night (well, morning really) I woke up at 3.30am and was so out of it I couldn't even open my eyes. By the time I reached the bathroom and turned the light on all I could think of was: get ready for this, you'll have to wake up to feed the baby multiple times during the night, this is a pic-nic in comparison! 
Also, the nausea is back. Who would have thought?! It's not as strong as the first four months but it's constant and particularly annoying in the evening. I spent the whole day yesterday being in bed reading and trying to rest. The result? I was so bored that I couldn't even enjoy resting. When I was not in bed, I tried to do something useful. I finished packing the hospital bag, well almost, and started packing the suitcase for my upcoming trip to Italy. Speaking of which, I am now very concerned about facing the heat in Pescara. It's a bliss here in London with temperatures not going any higher than 20-21 degrees at the moment; today is even a bit chilly! I love this London weather, here is a sentence I would have never thought to say! 

Anyway, I have a doctor appointment later on today and am looking forward to it. I want to make sure Baby O is doing well and can't wait to hear her heart beat again, it's always so precious! She has been a very active baby since the very beginning of this pregnancy but now even more. She literally moves from one side of my belly to the other, causing some pain every now and then. But she makes me smile, it's so adorable to see parts of her body and guessing what that bump may be: her butt? her head? Who knows.

I know there are still two months to go but I am so impatient to meet her. I dream about that moment, it will be one of the most special days of my life, I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment