Friday 6 July 2012

First Day of Summer Holiday

Yesterday I was supposed to be flying to Pescara, instead I wandered around London. I suppose there are worse places to be stuck in. Since the doctor didn't approve my flight to Italy, I had to come up with a plan B. 

Rob and I had had tickets to see the British Design exhibition at the V&A since April but we hadn't found a suitable time to go yet. So yesterday afternoon Rob was able to leave work a bit early and we ventured to that part of the city. I love the V&A, it's such and eclectic and interesting museum and I am always happy to go there. 
I must say, the exhibition was a bit disappointing. Despite the fact that I really didn't expect much, it was even less impressive than I thought. Such a shame, it had so much potential and they could have definitely done a better job. Oh well, who am I to judge. We still enjoyed it and made up to the disappointment by visiting the stunning cafe' of the museum. If you have never been there, make sure it's on your list of things to do in London. It is absolutely gorgeous, the ceilings, the chandeliers, the glass windows...stunning! We rested at the cafe' and enjoyed a refreshing apple juice and a tasty lemon cake. Exactly what I needed!


We then took a stroll in the courtyard, another favourite spot of the museum and sat on the rocking chairs. The kids love them and so did Rob! 


I was a bit more careful, given my big belly! I felt quite unbalanced :) Otherwise, I loved walking around the little pond, it was very relaxing.




P.S. Steph, do you recognise the dress?

We had a lovely time and headed back home before the madness of rush hour. After dinner, however, we ventured out again. Last night they opened the Shard and they announced a big show of laser lights. So, although exhausted and with an horrible backache, I walked with Rob to the Tower Bridge park, literally two minutes from our flat, and enjoyed the view. The atmosphere was wonderful, all the locals brought blankets and glasses of wine and sat on the grass admiring the new tourist addition to the London skyline and taking loads of pictures. I am glad I went. 


My first day of *holiday* wasn't too bad, in the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment