Saturday 9 June 2012

Christian Louboutin's Exhibition

Today was the day my girlfriends and I had been waiting for for quite a while. At 3pm we all met outside the Design Museum to visit the one and only Christian Louboutin's exhibition. Needless to say, the girls and I were all quite excited. 

We collected our tickets and went up to the first floor, ready to be impressed. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was certainly up for some theatricality. The stairs were adorned with hula hoops and shoes in nice circus style. Disappointingly, this was the only area were pictures were allowed. 


The entrance to the exhibition room resembled the Moulin Rouge entrance or something like that, you get the point: gold and velvet curtains. It really felt to be entering a theatre, not a museum.

I wish I could take pictures, I would have loved to share them with you. Inside, it was an explosion of Swarovski crystals, feathers, extreme heels, red soles. It was magical. I really enjoyed the set up, I was catapulted in a fairy tale: an *Alice in Wonderland style* maze, a carousel, an hologram of Dita Von Teese dancing, a video of Monsieur Louboutin himself dancing and lots and lots of shoes and boots everywhere. Surprisingly, there were many men in the room, lots of couples. There is no way I could have convinced Rob to come along! Baby O, on the other hand, seemed to be enjoying the exhibition too and kicked very hard. It's never too early to appreciate the beauty of shoes, I suppose.

After the exhibition we all went to a local cafe' to enjoy a sweet treat, and we chatted and gossiped for hours. It's nice to have a girlie day every now and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment