Wednesday 13 June 2012

29 Weeks

Today I am 29 weeks pregnant. I have got 11 weeks to go, unless baby O decided to come early, or late. Things have been quite smooth and apart from the usual exhaustion and the occasional backache, I can't really complain. It's very helpful that I can work from home, I could never imagine facing the tube and the London crowds every day to and from the office, and sitting at my desk for seven, eight hours straight would just kill me. At home I can wear comfortable clothes every day, I can rest my feet and legs every time I need to, I can walk on the balcony if I need some fresh air and I am in control of what I eat. For this I will never thank enough my boss and colleagues! 

I had a midwife appointment yesterday and everything seems to be going well, both mummy and baby are in good shape. My iron level was a tiny bit low last time we checked, so they decided to take another blood test to see how things are doing. In the meantime I have been trying to increase the number and type of foods rich in iron since I cannot take iron tablets, they make me sick. All the other usual checks were otherwise fine: urine, blood pressure, measurements, baby heart beat. All in order. Baby O has been moving like crazy lately, I hope she will calm down when she is out! But it's nice to feel her constantly, it's still kind of crazy to think that there is something *alive* inside my belly. 

And here is a little update on the bump:

As you can see, it keeps growing. Thankfully, it still doesn't weight too much and I can carry it fine. I haven't put on any extra weight since last time I updated you, so for now I am still seven kilos over my pre-pregnancy weight, which is quite good at this stage. Fingers crossed things won't degenerate!
I am still able to wear my normal clothes, of course not everything, but I haven't had to buy many maternity clothes for now. Leggings and dresses are the most comfortable fit at the moment and I try to do my best to rotate the few things I have that still fit me. Jeans and trousers of course must be maternity though, like the ones I am wearing here, and even those are not super comfortable.

Otherwise, I have still got a good month at work before I officially go on maternity leave, and two months and a half before my due date. I am hoping and looking forward to going to Italy in a few weeks for some relaxation at the beach, my cousin's wedding and long chats with my friends. 
For now I just keep enjoying the pregnancy as much as possible and of course am waiting for the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment