Sunday 20 May 2012

Wicked

Yesterday evening Rob and I headed to the Apollo Victoria theatre to see the musical Wicked. As I mentioned before, this was one of my gifts for Rob's birthday this year, and I knew he would love it.

We hadn't been out on a Saturday evening for quite some time, so we dressed up a bit for the occasion. Here are two pictures of me and the bump. Thankfully, I managed to fit into one of my dresses. I still haven't bought proper maternity clothes and am trying to use my own as much as I can. Of course, I will need to buy some maternity clothes soon as the bump is getting every day bigger and bigger.

At the theatre we bought a bucket of sweets for a craving mum-to-be and then headed to our seats, which were in a quite good position, in the stalls, right in front of the stage. Overall the musical was very nice and powerful and we enjoyed it. I can't say it's the best musical I have ever seen but it's definitely worth a visit. Baby O seemed to love it as she literally went crazy kicking all the time. This was a good test as we have a Coldplay concert in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure she can take the loud music! Of course there will be thousands of people at the concert and the music will be much louder, but if she is truly our daughter she will just love it! 

Also, Rob got another gift in the mail yesterday. It's a book he wanted to read but he had not bought it yet. I was quicker than him and ordered it for his birthday. It's the Commando Dad book. When he mentioned that he wanted to read this book I melted, I thought it was very sweet of him and I know how much it means to him to be a good father. I have no doubt he will and am sure this book will just give him the confidence he needs :) Of course, I am going to read it too, I too need to know how to survive the first 24 hours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment