Thursday 17 May 2012

Rob's Birthday

Today is a special day, Rob turns 38! It's the last birthday before he becomes a daddy, from next year we will be celebrating birthdays as a family. We are so excited!

For the occasion I took Rob out for dinner. There is a small restaurant very close to our flat where we have meant to go for a while. When we were in Queenstown, during the last leg of our wonderful honeymoon in New Zealand, one night we were dining at this fine restaurant and happened to be sitting next to a lovely British couple. We chatted for a bit and once they found out that we lived in Shad Thames in London they suggested a visit to this restaurant. I thought it was about time to try it and what better occasion than Rob's birthday. Magdalen is a real gem, the ambiance is very intimate and sophisticated and the food just delicious. 


I had a warm fennel soup with an amazing olive bread to start and then a very delicate veal with mixed radishes and vegetables. Rob opted for a salmon salad as appetiser and then braised lamb shoulder with white beans and the best potatoes I have had in a long time (of course I had to try them!). 

As I worked from home today, I used my lunch break to bake a chocolate birthday cake. 


Therefore, we didn't have dessert at the restaurant even if I was so tempted to try the French toast with strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Next time. As soon as we got home, we attacked the cake, which thankfully was very good and of course super chocolaty!

All in all we had a very nice evening. The celebrations, however, are not over. Tomorrow morning we finally have the 4D scan, it will be amazing to see baby O again! And I also bought tickets for this Saturday to see Wicked, it will be fun. A long birthday for a wonderful dad-to-be! Happy birthday my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment