Friday 2 September 2011

My Type of Bride

2011 has definitely been "THE" wedding year, with all the royal weddings around the world,  celebrities' weddings, see Kate Moss and Lily Allen, and less famous ceremonies (but nontheless beautiful!), like Vale and Rob's (ha ha), and now the ever so cool Sofia Coppola has joined the club. 

There have been all sorts of weddings this year. Some were definitely better than others (e.g. Kate Moss's vs Kim Kardashian's!) and some were just super cool (e.g. Vale and Rob's ). The lastest addition on the 2011 brides' list is Sofia Coppola who got married in Italy last Saturday. I have always been a big fan of Sofia's style and I love her choice for a not-very-bridal-dress. For the big day, instead of going all princess-crazy, Sofia wore a beautiful, custom-made, lavender, short Azzedine Alaia dress. I love the high round neckline (my wedding gown had a high round neckline!) and the pleated full skirt. Definitely my type of bride!




I realise that her choice was quite unconventional and am curious to hear your comments. Did you like it? What type of bride are you? Traditional? Unconventional? Glamorous? Romantic? Sexy? I'd like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment