Thursday 9 June 2011

Champagne? Yes, please!

I seem to have a particular soft spot for Americans. Of course, I love Rob, and he is American; when I moved to Durham, the first girls I got close to were all Americans. And here in London two of my best friends, Steph and Natalie, are American.
Yesterday evening I met with Steph and Natalie for a drink (actually two!) after work; Natalie had my bridal shower gift to give me and I suggested meeting up at this champagne bar I had been wanting to try for quite a while on the fifth floor at Harvey Nichols. And what a great choice that was!


The bar is simply stunning and very girlie. I love the bright pink and green armchairs and the floreal decoration on the ceiling inspired by Emile Gallé's iconic 1902 anemone design for the Cuvée Belle Époque Champagne bottle. We had such a nice time and I know we'll be back! We drank a peachy Bellissimo cocktail and then I opted for an Havana Colada. Both very nice and very summery. It felt to be at the beach for a little while.

While sipping my first cocktail I noticed that someone famous was sitting opposite us. It took me a tiny bit to figure out who she was but then I remembered. Amy Childs from The Only Way is Essex was there and I must say, she looks much nicer in person.


And before you ask: No, I don't watch that show but I had seen her in other TV programmes, I swear!

While making my way to the fifth floor I noticed so many beautiful dresses but the thing that attracted my attention the most was a cheap bottle of Diet Coke. Yes, people, finally something on my wish-list that I can easily afford.

This may be the cheapest Karl Lagerfeld item on sale and I have got my hands on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment