Monday 9 May 2011

It's Getting Real

Last weekend I celebrated my hen party in London with a very nice bunch of girlfriends. This, more than the civil ceremony, made me realise that it's getting real, Rob and I are getting married in a month!
My friends organised a wonderful weekend together and I couldn't have asked for a better hen party. It was lovely, it was fun, it was tasteful, exactly what I wanted. 

We started the celebration with an Afternoon Teaser at the Volupte. While enjoying a traditional high tea with sandwiches, champagne, scones, meringues and more we were entertained by some talented burlesque performers. I think we all agreed that Amber Topaz was the best, although Matt Ricardo the magician was incredibly funny and my friend Ambra even said that she could marry a man like him. 

The show lasted about two hours. We then jumped into our taxis and headed to My Chelsea Hotel, a very girlie boutique hotel in the heart of Chelsea where we had a beauty and spa themed bridal shower. I was treated with luxurious gifts from Liberty and Penhaligons (Thank you friends!) and received a facial with peeling and mask. It was very relaxing and so much fun.
The hotel was very cute, very small and perfect for our purpose. We spent a couple of hours chatting, sipping tea and relaxing in my room. We then got ready for dinner and headed to the hotel bar where we enjoyed Cosmopolitan and Mojito cocktails.
We ended the evening with a nice meal at the hotel restaurant with more chats and laughs. 
I am so very lucky: I had the perfect hen party with the perfect company and went to bed so full of joy and touched. Sunday morning we all had breakfast together and then it was time to say goodbye and see you soon in June in Italy for the big day!

Thank you all for making my hen party a day I'll never forget! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment