Thursday 3 June 2010

USA trip

So, Rob and I have just got back from our annual trip to the States and as usual after a holiday, I am here to give you a report and offer some good tips!
Rob is originally from Baltimore, we therefore went there first and spent some good quality time with family and friends. We also had the opportunity to go to NYC for a couple of days and that was very nice.

I had been to New York before but I was really looking forward to this trip since Jen and Trent, two of Rob's best friends, were joining us for a double celebration of Rob and Jen's birthdays.
New York was really good, we did some shopping and ate at some very good resuarants. Among all, the one I was most impressed with is certainly The Spotted Pig, a little lovely place in the heart of Greenwich Village, definitely my cup of tea. The atmosphere there is simply beautiful and the food was really nice. I would recommend *Deviled Eggs*, they were mouth watering. We also tried the famous Del Frisco's, that didn't disappoint, The Coffe Shop and Megu. One interesting thing to tell you about Del Frisco's is that when we got back to our flat in London we found a little hand-written note from the waitress that served us there, thanking us for choosing them and hoping to see us soon. I thought that was super sweet and thoughtful! The waitresses at The Coffe Shop really were beautiful models and the presentation of the various dishes at Megu was superior.
Something else to mention about my culinary experience in NYC is definitely Magnolia bakery, the famous bakery from SATC and the Devil wears Prada. Rob and I bought two lovely cupcakes and slowly enjoyed them in the little park opposite the shop. It was a real treat!

Otherwise, we just walked around admiring the bustle and interesting architecture of the city.

Another highlight of this trip was a visit to St. Michael's, a little town on the Eastern shore of Maryland. Needless to say that I loved it: delicious seafood, small boutiques, cute cafe', fresh ice-cream shops, colourful wodden houses...what's not to like? Next time I want to go and spend at least a night in one of the fabulous inns for a total relax!

All in all it was a very nice trip. Now, it's just very difficult to go back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment