Wednesday 18 February 2009

Khaled vs Hosseini



I read both books by Khaled Hosseini, one in Italian and the other in English. Last summer I read "The kite runner" (in Italian "Il cacciatore di aquiloni) and I have recently finished "A thousand splendid suns". I am now trying to decide which one I liked the best. They are both very well written books and both stories are quite intense and engaging...
Perhaps because I am a woman, or maybe because in its tragedy, the sentiment of hope seems stronger than that of desperation, I think that the palm of victory will go to "A thousand splendid suns".
Have you read them both? Did you like them both? Which one is your favourite?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read them but you could give me "Il cacciatore di Aquiloni"...but not the other because it's English and I tried German!!!
    Remember me to give you "Libri di Luca" and "Il gioco dell'Angelo"and both have "I pilastri della terra"...you have books to read for all the year!

    ReplyDelete