Saturday 21 March 2015

Busy Bees!

Hello, folks! Apologies for the long silence. This must be one of the busiest times of my life. So many things have happened since my last post. Lots of things are going on at the moment and I will try to summarise what we have been up to here. 

First of all, this week marked the end of my time at King's College London; after ten years at King's, first as a PhD student and then as a researcher, needless to say, it was emotional to leave. And this is just one of the big changes we are facing these days. We have finally received a date for my interview at the American Embassy which means my/our time in London is also running out. I am an explosion of mixed feelings at the moment and sometimes it is just overwhelming. 

On a positive side, Rob and I have tried to be as *social* as possible and have enjoyed some dates, just the two of us, to explore some new places. First of all, I was super excited to have our first coffee at the newly opened London Grind. I have been lucky enough to enjoy great coffee at its sister cafe' near my office in Holborn, the Holborn Grind, and I had been eagerly awaiting for their opening in London Bridge. It's finally here and we have made it our local stop for good coffee. It is a edgy, incredibly cool place (the music played is epic!) and the coffee is just divine - not to mention the food directly sourced from Borough Market. 






Another new local place we had been wanting to go since its opening is the Sky Garden which we finally visited last week. The Sky Garden is an amazing public green space situated on the 37th floor of the newest skyscraper in the city. Thanks to the glass dome and its walkable area, visitors can enjoy enviable, 360 degree, views of London. We loved it. We first walked around the garden and then enjoyed a yummy meal in one of the restaurants. 










Meanwhile, I have also got to enjoy my very first fashion show with other lovely mums from the London Mothers Club. It was such a nice day and I am very happy I got to meet other London mums. Too bad I am leaving soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment