Saturday 24 May 2014

Breakfast at Sketch

I have been wanting to go to Sketch for quite some time. First, I wanted to go for an Afternoon Tea with the girls and then I thought it would be nice to go for dinner with Rob too. I read about Sketch a few years ago for the first time and recently I have been stumbling across reviews and blog posts about this beauty on a regular basis. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned it to Rob and showed him pictures of the ever so famous egg toilets. He was intrigued and booked a table for breakfast for the three of us this morning. How nice.


Sketch is a destination place for food, music and art hosted in a converted 18th century building in central London. The moment you walk in you feel you are in a very special place where design and art are the real protagonists. Emilia loved it. She felt at home straight away, was all smiley and friendly with the waitresses and was curious to wander around the place to discover its hidden corners.

Breakfast is served in the Parlour, a heavily furnished lounge area. While food wasn't anything to die for, the ambiance had everything you can ask for. And it was very relaxing too.

 
 
 
 
 

The egg toilets didn't disappoint. They are so so cute. I would love to throw a private party in there! Emilia's birthday party, perhaps??! I can imagine all the kids going nuts! This part of the building was actually still closed but Emilia's cuteness won the manager's heart and we were allowed to take a tour. Lucky us!

 
 
 

We only saw two thirds of the place and I wish we could have spent more time in there getting lost in this fascinating maze. It must be so fun to work there! 
Thanks Rob for a lovely morning. We will be back. Love this place! 


No comments:

Post a Comment