Monday 14 February 2011

(Happy) Valentine's Day!

 {photo: Marks&Spencer Rose Cake}

So, this is the day many people love and many other people hate. I personally, and I am sure it doesn't sound as a surprise to you, love it! 

I have always celebrated Valentine's Day, way before I had a lover, as a sort of second birthday. I have always celebrated my *name day* with a cake and gifts and I have always been looking forward  to it. Not only my boyfriend, but also my parents, relatives and friends have always given me gifts and they still call me to wish me a happy day. So, to me, it's a wonderful day.
As anticipated in my previous post, Rob and I decided to treat each other to a lovely lunch at The River Restaurant at the Savoy this year and I am very glad we did it. It was the perfect way to celebrate Valentine's Day. The Savoy really impressed me. From that understated entrance on The Strand, you would never imagine what beautiful world you'll find inside. The River Resaturant has been decorated with a very classy and modern decor, I loved the cream leather armchairs and the white orchids added a gorgeous extra touch. The service was outstanding and the food delicious. We both started with an asparagus and spinach soup, which was superb, and then Rob had fregola risotto with seafood and I had an amazing sea brass with potato pie and cucumber tagliatelle cooked in miso soup. I am still dreaming about this! 

I tried it and loved it. Can we go again, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment