Thursday 10 June 2010

Recession, what?

While most of us have experienced some tight budgeting in the last few months, while local shops shut down and not-so-small businesses (see Luella) go bankrupt, what do the nice people at LV do? They open the massive, gigantic, biggest store in the world in the ever-so-fashionable Bond Street, London.

It took three years to complete this massive flagship store and it is rumoured to have costed over £30 million!


I haven't visited it yet but from the pictures only two words come to mind: luxury and extravaganza!


In a recent interview to Grazia Louis Vuitton's boss, Yves Carcelle, said: "Our experience shows that each time there is a crisis, we gain market share. Perhaps people are more cautious in what they buy and they choose items with more care and attention". Well, this is not new to me...in fact, MY personal experience shows that every single time I should not be spending money, I end up shopping much more and buying more expensive, and sometimes useless, items. Is it because we tend to spend more when we are depressed? Is it because, by nature, we want everything we can't have?
Anyway, I know where I will be wandering around this weekend...Bond Street, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Is larger than that of Paris, right?
    When I'll be there we can go to sleep...is so great that nobody would notice us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA - if you got it, FLAUNT it!!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete